Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not able to open PBI file in Desktop (even blank one)

I am posting a new issue that I need get fixed.  I am not able to able to open a PBI file in Desktop (even blank one).  App just does not open.  

Desktop (newest) has been removed and reinstalled twice--still no joy.  Note: I have PBI Excel Publisher (newest )and R installed.   

Please advise.

Error Message:
Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core, Version=64.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Gopher500,

Please check below tips: 

1. Verify the machine meet the minimum requirements

2. Please check this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-error-launching-desktop

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Gopher500
Frequent Visitor

Using only the Repair button seemed to fix the problem (at least so far).  The Remove button with a re-install of a fresh copy did not work.

Thanks for the follow-up.

jorgesi
Employee

Unfortunately, the Repair button didn't solve the problem for me. The remove button and reinstallation didn't solve the problem as well. I understood the cause of the problem was related with WIP (Windows  Information Protection) policies. Waiting for a policy fix...