Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Not able to open PBI file in Desktop (even blank one)

I am posting a new issue that I need get fixed.  I am not able to able to open a PBI file in Desktop (even blank one).  App just does not open.  

Desktop (newest) has been removed and reinstalled twice--still no joy.  Note: I have PBI Excel Publisher (newest )and R installed.   

Please advise.

Error Message:
Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core, Version=64.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Gopher500,

Please check below tips: 

1. Verify the machine meet the minimum requirements

2. Please check this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-error-launching-desktop

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Gopher500
Frequent Visitor

Using only the Repair button seemed to fix the problem (at least so far).  The Remove button with a re-install of a fresh copy did not work.

Thanks for the follow-up.

jorgesi
Employee

Unfortunately, the Repair button didn't solve the problem for me. The remove button and reinstallation didn't solve the problem as well. I understood the cause of the problem was related with WIP (Windows  Information Protection) policies. Waiting for a policy fix...