Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not able to grant access of app to everyone in organization with new App experience

Microsoft rolled out the new App experience this week.  When I go to create a new app, on the Audience step, I want to grant access to the Entire Organization.  But, that option is disabled stating that feature is disabled for the tenant.

BobLang_0-1661540560411.png

The challenge is that the feature is ENABLED for our tenant.

BobLang_1-1661540560418.png

If I open up one of our older apps that has not been converted to the new app experience, I can still grant permission to the entire organization.

BobLang_2-1661540560427.png

Is this an "undocumented feature" (AKA bug)?  How can I grant access to our entire organization with the new and "improved" app experience? 

Thanks,

Hi @BobLang,

It seems like a known issue: Unable to update apps in the new app experience.

Public documentation already documents a limit of 100 users or groups to whom the app may be shared. See Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs. Previously the product group were not enforcing this limit due to a bug. Recently, they started enforcing this limit. Some customers who update their app and have shared it to more than 100 users previously will run into an issue when updating the app. They are aware of this issue and are increasing the share-user limit to 1000 and that change has started to deploy into product environment and will be finished in Early September.

The workaround is provided in the documentation itself. • You can have at most 100 users or groups in the access list for the app. However, you can give more than 100 users access to the app. To do so, use one or more user groups that contain all the desired users.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @BobLang,

Not able to reproduce this issue. May I know whether this issue still exist? Will this issue happen in other new app experience?

Best Regards,

BobLang
Frequent Visitor

The issue still exists when using the new app.  If I open up an older app that has not been converted to the new app experience, I am able to grant access to the entire organization.

Thanks,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @BobLang,

It seems like a known issue: Unable to update apps in the new app experience.

Public documentation already documents a limit of 100 users or groups to whom the app may be shared. See Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs. Previously the product group were not enforcing this limit due to a bug. Recently, they started enforcing this limit. Some customers who update their app and have shared it to more than 100 users previously will run into an issue when updating the app. They are aware of this issue and are increasing the share-user limit to 1000 and that change has started to deploy into product environment and will be finished in Early September.

The workaround is provided in the documentation itself. • You can have at most 100 users or groups in the access list for the app. However, you can give more than 100 users access to the app. To do so, use one or more user groups that contain all the desired users.

Best Regards,

martienroling
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue, the tenant setting is correct, but I can't select 'Entire organization'.