Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

No visuals rendering in PowerBI embedded web app

My PowerBI embedded reports in asp.net mvc web apps are loading, no visuals are rendering, elements like labels or tab names are rendering.

This is an example of the error I see in one of the visuals:

Can't display this visual.

Can't display the visual.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID6f561f8d-75f6-4993-a536-98066c202209
Request ID825bc233-b323-769e-43b1-465bf098b215
Correlation ID45d7eaf7-ad58-4a33-00cf-6f8befea3501
TimeWed Jan 04 2017 09:11:06 GMT+0100 (Central Europe Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.872

Comments
mjohannesson
Advocate I

We're having the exact same issue. Also in west Europe. Microsoft are investigating the issue, but if you update the connection string, it should start working again.

donquijote
Advocate IV

Thanks very much for the update, is good to know I am not alone.

I tried to update my connection string, i tried with ProvisioningSample.exe and i got the following error when trying to update the connection string 

Ooops, something broke: Operation returned an invalid status code 'NotFound'

Have you seen this?

Do you have an example on how to update the connection string using the powerbi client ?

Thanks

mjohannesson
Advocate I

I'm also using the ProvisioningSample application to update the connection string. Make sure you enter the dataset ID and not the name when it asks for Dataset Id. If I enter the name, I get the same error.

donquijote
Advocate IV

I could update the connection string by downloading the latest version of ProvisionSample.exe

As you pointed out, updating the connection string alowed the embed reports to work again.

Thanks much!

Any update from msft team on the issue?

mjohannesson
Advocate I

We have an MS support case regarding this, and they are still investigating.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

It's a known issue and the engineers are working on this issue now. You can check update of this issue on this site:

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

I notice this issue is gone in Power BI support site. Please try it again in your environment to see if it's fixed.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu