Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

No "Publish to PowerBI Report Server" option in March 2018 PBI Desktop Optimized version

I just downloaded and installed trial version of PowerBI Report Server March 2018 (see attached screenshot) along with the PowerBI Desktop March 2018 optimized app (see attached screenshot). I created a simple PBI report but I don't see an optiont to deploy to PBI Report Server under "Publish". Just to be sure I downloaed the compatible version of the PBI Desktop app, I downloaded it via the PBI Report Server URL home page (top right corner, Download button).

The PBI report server is up and running and is accessible via browser. The Desktop app doesn't have an option to deploy to PBI Report Server at all! Can someone tell me what's missing? 

PBI_ReportServer_Marc2018.JPGPBIDesktop_March2018Optimized.JPGPBIDesktop_March2018_NoPublishOption.JPG

Comments
MuqadderIqbal
Frequent Visitor

Never mind! The publish to Report Server option is located under File -> Save As menu option instead of "Publish" option.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MuqadderIqbal,

From your description, it seems there is no issue now, right? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu