Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

No handler was found for message type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageBasedOutputStream+BinaryChu

I keep running into this issue often. Is there any way to resolve this? How do we even raise a new issue through Power BI community. It only asks for new idea, but I couldn't find "report an issue" button or something like that. Am I missing something here? This UI needs vast revamping interms of userfriendliness. I'm reporting an issue through a 'new idea'.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
No handler was found for message type 'Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageBasedOutputStream+BinaryChunkMessage'.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SerializedException
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)

Comments
TomasKa
Regular Visitor

So in my case

there are few 1:2:1relatioships and in one case the source DOES NOT INCLUDE on of the top50 IDs anymore so there is 1:2:1 no more possible. I have manually changed the data in DIM table (switched 51 into 50) and it works.

T

Sumsar
Helper II

Same issue here, no duplicate values, only happens in the latest (August 2021) version of Desktop on refresh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have solved the issue now. 

The problem was that there was a duplicate value in a dimension table, which was forcing the one-to-many into a many-to-many relationship. I cleaned the data as a quick fix, but need to rely on unique ID's rather than names in the future. 

amaniramahi
Helper V

I am having this problem since 3 days ago!

unistalling the latest version and reinstall a previous one did not solve the problem to me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amaniramahi you can check duplicate values, when updating and cancelling the refresh in power bi desktop. It will tell you which table, column is causing issues. For me personally, i have some duplicate values in one of my column (caused by the 1 to many relationships, i believe that everyone's talking about, i'm not an expert on this one yet), but either i remove those duplicates, or just add a decimal point to my value to avoid having dupes. This fixed the issue!

LinoD
Frequent Visitor

Ran into this issue as well, in our case it was also a duplicated value in a column that was causing it. Check the individual error messages on each of your data tables post refresh to see what the actual issue might be is all I can reccommend. 

deepakaggarwal
Regular Visitor

Hello All,

I too had the same issue while refreshing the report on Power BI desktop and was getting an error message, however I found that I had a blank row in my calendar table due to which this issue was happening,

after removing the blank rows from the calendar table, issue got resolved

Magattack

@dcorentin removing the relationships did it for me. Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I tried to refresh the data this error appeared, and after it "refreshed", I could see by table where the error was. Here it was a null field on a date dim table!

Hope you solved yours!

dnarsimdas

@Anonymous - I resolved using it using the same approach. I am lucky I was able to retrace my steps and resolve them almost immediately.