Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

No gateway selected to access - when publiching new PBix files

Hi 

From yesterday 28.05.2019 we have experienced the following error when we try to publish a new Power Bi report from the desktop app.

"No gateway selected to access the data source ..."

We are using direct query to a local data gateway that is querying SSAS TABULAR on a SQL 2017 server.

All old reports that have the same connection is working, it is only new published reports that have this problem.

2019-05-29 09_00_08-Window.png

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Kilsgaard ,

As the error message prompted, you need to add current data source SSAS Tabular into on-premises gateway. From this documentif you use Power BI Desktop to connect live to a Tabular model, and intend on publishing to your Power BI site, a data gateway is necessary to ensure secure communication between the Power BI service and your on-premises Analysis Services server. 

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Kilsgaard
Regular Visitor

Hi

I have a gateway as described, and it is working perfect on old published reports.

But all new reports pointing at the same server, as working reports is getting the abow mentioned error.

Have joust tested again with new reports, and it is still not working 😞

please help.

/Graves

Kilsgaard
Regular Visitor

Hi

I have found the problem.

We have installed Power Bi Desktop from the Windows Store, and the May version seems to have an error.

When i install the April version of Power BI Desktop, then there is no problem deploying our reports, that is using our data gateway.

/Graves Kilsgaard