Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

No error message on desktop but column not found error when published to service and refresh fail

Hello,

We have a Sharepoint list linked to a PBI report which I've recently made several amendments on including using the new preview table. The report refreshes fine with no errors on the desktop side of things but when I publish to a shared workspace the report won't refresh and gives the error of "The column "HasUniqueRoleAssignments" of the table wasn't found. I've tried renaming and republishing and have gone through the queries and checked the code and removed the column where present and still it gives the error message but ONLY when published. I'm confused as to why this is happening and uncertain as to how to resolve it. If the error was occuring on the desktop side I could at least try and resolve it but currently it's like driving in the dark...with my eyes closed.

Activity Id: 4b830011-4b2d-4adf-a223-3723e4654561
Request Id: f1060911-e452-4f4c-9cdc-75adc239c616
Cluster Name: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Many Thanks in Advance,

Darren

Comments
Fricandel
Regular Visitor

I have the exact same thing here.

When I open an old PowerBI file with the same data sources it doesn't show me the "new" columns. After a refresh of the data in de PowerBI desktop, the new (and potentially unwanted) columns appear.

Auto refresh doesn't work anymore, refresh in the PowerBI desktop works.

I think something must be wrong in the PowerBI.

edit: I found an explanation here.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Darren_Linc  @Fricandel

There is an existing issue which has already been reported to Power BI team internally: CRI 37282709

As a workaround, the customer(s) could avoid using “Remove Columns” and instead use “Remove Other Columns” in the UI to remove all but the bare minimum of columns that they need for their model.

I’ll post here once I get any future update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Darren_Linc @Fricandel

A new version of PBI Desktop have been released:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

This one has the fix for the issue with 'HasUniqueRoleAssignments'

Please try with this version to see if the issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Fricandel
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you for your reply.

I have updated PowerBI desktop to the latest version. At first the problem seemed to be solved but after a couple of refreshes the problem began again.

It still complains about none existing columns but this time the columns it mentions do exist and are not created but another process.

I asume the PowerBI team is still working on this problem.

Edit: Now I have removed all the columns that I don't use in the reports/dataset. But now it is complaining about a column not being found in a table, but this column is used in a relationship so this cannot be removed from the dataset. So this problem still is a problem, no workaround unfortunately.

pranim
Helper I

I am experiencing the same problem. The refresh worked fine for few times and now its giving me a error 

saying, the column 7 not found in the table when there is no such column in the table. Please help with this issue

Thanks!