Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New issues with Azure Consumption Insights

Hey People,

OK, so after having fun with the old Azure Consumption Insights Content Pack - that's now kinda working for our old EA powered Azure subscription.

However, our EA just rolled over, so we have a new aggrement number, which means a new instance of the Azure Consumption Insights - which is now an App.

And so starts my problems:

1. If I specify to retrieve 36 months, I get an error in the refresh:
    Message:The field 'data' of the record wasn't found. Table: UsageByTags.
    Cluster URI:WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
    Activity ID:d5113b44-cfd6-4483-a940-37973f3d2eb3
    Request ID:3b3f69a0-3ca0-2bbd-1329-f0671ec2cb6f
    Time:2018-10-15 22:39:15Z
    If I set it to 35 or less, it's fine.
  2. I don't get a dashboard anymore, just the Reports and Dataset.
  3. I can't rename anything.  We have a naming scheme and I at least need to separate out the old EA from the new one.
  4. The price list is empty, as are many of the reports - so I suspect the data isn't coming through properly
  5. I can only edit the properties of the data set, when I go via the App left nav item.  Otherwise the Dataset and Reports don't turn up in my workspace.
  6. I can't delete Apps.  If I click the delete icon, it prompts (are you sure) and the App icon goes away.  But if I refresh, or navigate away and come back.... The App is back.  So I now have four instances of the App - though only one does anything.

I'm sorry, but this App mechanism is rubbish.  The old Content Pack was way better.

Thanks

Craig

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. From this article, the number of month can be between 1 and 36. For your issue, I would suggest you follow below steps to test with pbit file use 36 to see if the same issue occurs: 

- Create a "[My Documents]\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors" directory 

- Copy the .M extension file into this directory 

- Enable the Custom data connectors preview feature in Power BI Desktop (under File | Options and settings |Options| Preview Features| Custom data connectors) 

- Restart Power BI Desktop 

2. Please delete the app and reimport it. 

3. The imported app contains built-in dashboard, report and dataset, we can't modify anything after importing. You can edit the pbit above or connect to Azure Consumption Insights in Power BI desktop to developer your own reports: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-azure-consumption-insights

4. Please check if price list are empty as well in desktop. 

5. Not sure what you mean. We need to go to Apps section to check imported dashboard, report and dataset. 

6. Please create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu