Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New graph feature "Series labels" is not showing all series

I recently found the new addition of "series labels" and I think it looks amazing! Sadly I encountered an issue with it.

I found that when two series end up near the same point, one gets overruled by the other and doesn't get shown.

In this example "Besteed" (spent) and "begroting" (budget) end up near the same point. The series label "besteed" is shown, but "begroting" is not. A possible solution for this example is to put the series on the left side, but then the same issue will happen when series start at the same point. 

pwoerbi.PNG

Please change it so that both are shown, because there is plenty of space!

Here is an example of another project where the issue does not happen:

ErikBI_0-1645450930392.png

Sincerely, 

Erik

Hi @ErikBI ,

There is an enhancement on this feature, but no expected available time currently. Please be patient for the fix. And the workaround for now is adding a “Sort by column” to the field in the Legend field or re-arrange the measures in the Values field if one is preferred over another since the winner of series label is the last one rendered.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @ErikBI ,

Issue has been reported internally(ICM 290616602). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @ErikBI ,

There is an enhancement on this feature, but no expected available time currently. Please be patient for the fix. And the workaround for now is adding a “Sort by column” to the field in the Legend field or re-arrange the measures in the Values field if one is preferred over another since the winner of series label is the last one rendered.

Best Regards,

ErikBI
Resolver I

That's great news! Thank you 🙂

GUSers
Regular Visitor

Any update or workaround on this issue? I have encountered the same thing. I have data for a goal (baseline number) and then actuals from last year and this year, but only last year's label shows up since the data values are so similar. Trying to differentiate last year to this year based on color provided by the Series Label would be so nice instead of having a legend taking up excessive space.

Thanks

APMorris

+1 on this.

Series labels is a great feature. It just needs an option to be able to show all labels, or overlap them, or adjust label density.

ireneH
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have experienced the same problem, wish I could get the label to show no matter what, by adjusting the size or some other fit adjustment!

PRAVISH_SARAVAN
Frequent Visitor

If there is an update to this query, can you please provide it here. Many of us are facing this problem, irrespective of the number of legends we need to show the labels in the LineChart (Customization would be great)

SqlBobScot
Helper II

This is still a live bug when will this be resolved?

huipengpeter

Hope there is a way to show the number by any chance

maryalexa91

Hi!

Is there any update about this issue?