Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New filter pane is not available within Ipad Mobile App

The new filter pane is a great addition within the November 2018 release and it works well within the Power BI Service. However, the filter pane is not appearing on the mobile app when using a tablet. It appears on an iphone when the report has been made phone compatible. I know that this is just in preview mode but am I missing something?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @rgrabowski,

Please update your Power BI mobile app in your Ipad to the latest version then test the same report again. 

If issue persists, please share your iOS version and Power BI mobile app version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

AFoulk
Helper II

I setup a mobile view and when holding my iPhone vertical, you can select the Filters at the bottom but either clicking the Filter icon or click the elipses and then go into Filters there.

But as soon as I turn the iPhone horizontal you cannot select filters.

When using an iPad, I could not find filters in any situation. I'm going to have to add Slicers back onto my reports just so my bosses and view on an iPad.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @rgrabowski@AFoulk,

I have send a email to consult this issue internally, will keep you update once I receive any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 93604359. Will update here once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information below: 

"The new filter pane is available on iPad for all reports that present the new pane in the web. It is available on iPad regardless if the page is optimized or not and on both landscape and portrait orientation. The availability of the new filter pane is dependent only on its availability in the web service. If the report shows it on the web it will be available for on the table. Please see the attached picture for the new pane on the report:

q5.PNG

As for phones the pane is never available. There is a phone optimized filter menu available through the footer actions and only in phone optimized portrait orientation reports. It is currently not available in landscape orientation reports. This phone filter menu is not related to the new filter pane and has a phone unique layout. The new filter pane is not available on phones and we currently do not have any plans to add it."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu