Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New dataflow save unsuccessful, can't correct issue as "newer version saved" when there is not

I spent a couple hours working on a dataflow then tried to save it. Power BI wasn't happy about something so the save was unsuccessful, but then when trying to edit the table in question I received the error message:

"There was a problem opening your dataflow. Operation could not complete because a newer version of this dataflow was saved since you started editing."

... However the save wasn't successful so there wasn't a newer version for me to access. I can't click on any action on any table or do anything at all to the dataflow without receiving that error message. I tried to create a new dataflow in the same workspace and it let me load the unsaved dataflow again, however I had the same issue there with not being able to save it or edit it.

I will obviously be saving as I go from now on, however I wanted to flag this bug as I imagine it has caused/will cause others strife too.

Hi @sonja_aberdeen 

You mean you can create and save dataflow in the workspace now, right? If so, compared to a bug, it is more of a temporary error. May I know have you ever saved something like request id or other information that can be used to further investigate it?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @sonja_aberdeen 

You mean you can create and save dataflow in the workspace now, right? If so, compared to a bug, it is more of a temporary error. May I know have you ever saved something like request id or other information that can be used to further investigate it?

Best Regards,

sonja_aberdeen
Regular Visitor

Hi Caiyun - unfortunately I did not! When I have some time I'll try to recreate the issue and take note of any ids. Thanks, Sonja

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

@sonja_aberdeen 

Ok, thanks a lot!

Best Regards,