Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New dashboard subscription email format results in text being scaled way too small

In the past week or so our team has noticed a change in the formatting for the dashboard subscription emails and the feedback from our management team is that the text is now way too small for the subscription to be useful. Refer to screenshot below where the left side is the “new” format (small text) and the right side was the “previous” format. We have not changed the underlying report/.pbix file, so we expected the text size to appear the same in the email. In the .pbix, the smallest text size we are using is 14, which should be more than reasonable!

Does anyone have any ideas for how to fix this dashboard subscription email scaling issue or work around it? Our management team wants to drop reporting through Power BI unless we can fix these email formatting issues (or just revert back to the previous format.)

I searched ideas.powerbi.com to see if this issue was mentioned and only found the following related item which I did upvote: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34319482-subscription-emails-high...

Left: Newer dashboard subscription email with text size 14 scaled very small. Right: Previous dashboard subscription email with same text size 14 content showing at desired scale.Left: Newer dashboard subscription email with text size 14 scaled very small. Right: Previous dashbo...

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KaPha,

I'm trying to reproduce the issue on my side but unfortunately can't. In your scenario, please create a subscribe for the report page, check if the font size of textbox is smaller than in report within the received email. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

KaPha
Regular Visitor

Qiuyun, I did as you suggested and the emailed subscription report did show the same scaling issue. To be clear, the issue is not that only the text is smaller relative to all other components on the report. The issue is that the email contains an inline image of the report/dashboard and it is that image that is scaled too small for anyone to read the text. Refer to screenshot below and compare the size of the text rendered in Outlook UI versus the text rendered in the image of the Power BI report. 

Repro_PowerBISubscriptionEmailScaling.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KaPha,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you open the support ticket and get this resolved. I have the same issue.