Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New buttons feature removes default report filters

We've recently used buttons to consolidate reports that are identical however we discovered that when clicking through the buttons, the default report filters are getting removed. We tried putting the report filters back but these were still getting removed whenever you click a button going to a bookmark to update the content of the visuals.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

How do you define the bookmark? Which "default report filters" you mean? 

Would you please share more details for us to reproduce the issue? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I meant the report filters we've set on the report. So for example, we have a report filter, Area. Then we set that report filter as "Area - Not Divest Or Not Blank" and save and publish the report to the service. When we click a button on a report page, the set report filter drops and becomes "Area (All)". Please see video.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please click the same button in Power BI desktop, does it remove the filters "Area - Not Divest Or Not Blank" as well? 

I guess you might set the bookmark link for the button, please check the Action property for the button and check the corresponding bookmark contents. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

q8.PNG 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is how I configured it. Whether through the button or the bookmark, my set report filter is being removed. Futhermore, report filters should have higher hierarchy from bookmarks. I don't think we should be able to configure report filters at a bookmark level.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From the article metioned above: 

When you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

• The current page
  • Filters
  • Slicers
  • Sort order
  • Drill location
  • Visibility (of an object, using the Selection pane)
  • The focus or Spotlight modes of any visible object

You can see bookmark will keep the Filters settings, so we need to change the filter settings as expected when we create the bookmark. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess that works. I'm just wondering if we should really be saving report filters to bookmarks. Shouldn't report filters take higher hierarchy and be applied on the report level and just have bookmarks save only page filters?