Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New Workspaces - Cannot Publish New Report from Data in Web Service

Per Microsoft's request, I am trying out the new workspaces that recently launched and one of the big things that I am working towards is centralizing the datasets my company has to be used in other people's reports. 

As a test, I was easily able to create the new workspace and load a small existing data model into it. Afterwards, I also was able to pull that data into a new report as the screenshot shows below. 

Snag_5f7a7e.png

This is all normal behavior so far. As I built out my report to test with some visualizations, I then tried to publish. The normal behvaior would be for it to not prompt me for a destination workspace but rather automatically publish this report directly to the same workspace where the hosted data is stored. On hitting the publish button, I now get this error:

Snag_61ba5b.png

Not sure if this functionality was announced/not announced but I've tried it a couple different ways and I get the same error each time. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @nmanselmo,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 80466812. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

rebecka
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem!

Any update?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

PG have a review out with a fix and expect to start the QFE process on Monday.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

TLS1
Regular Visitor

Hello, same issue as above but not only

1/ I cannot publish from desktop to "new preview workspace" and receive this message" an error occured while attempting to publish "name of my file.pbix": the remote server returned an error (500) Internal Server Error. No issue if I try to publish the same file to another workspace ( "old" version)

2/I cannot publish the report via Get Data -> Files on Power BI service, below the error message:
Failed to publish Power BI Desktop file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID35de6da2-802b-ecba-7e91-7949428d6f94
Request ID8429af8e-364a-1338-b254-1d10e96ac274
Correlation ID21f3dc93-7703-8d9f-7993-862b4327e83f
Status code-1
TimeWed Sep 05 2018 22:46:25 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Version13.0.6517.145
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

3/ I cannot open a desktop file on my pc if this file is connected live to a PBI dataset hosted on this new preview workspace. Error message : The remote server returned an erro : (500) Internal Server Error. No No issue if I try to make the same file from another workspace ( "old" version)

4/ I cannot download a report hosted on this workspace using the function : download report (preview). Same error message as above.

5/ I cannot connect a desktop report to a dataset hosted on this "new preview workspace" (possible if I use a dataset hosted on another old workspace". Error message below : something went wrong:

Feedback Type:Frown (Error)Error Message:One or more errors occurred.Stack Trace: at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceProxy.GetResponse[T](ServiceProxyRequest request) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceProxy.GetModelsV2(String groupId) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<Execute>b__0() at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.RetryableWebRequest.Execute() at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<>c__DisplayClass9.<MakeWebRequestAsync>b__8() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.Flows.AuthenticatedWebRequestor.<Execute>d__3`1.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceClient.<GetModels>d__f.MoveNext()Stack Trace Message:One or more errors occurred.Invocation Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace() at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e) at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The issue (Can’t Publish the report which connects to PBI dataset to preview workspace within Power BI desktop) is fixed now. Please update your Power BI desktop to October version 2.63.3272.40262 then test again. 

@TLS1 As this thread is too old, if additional issues still occur, please post a new thread in this forum. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu