Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

New Workspace: PBI Desktop cannot publish a report sourced from PowerBI dataset

I came around the issue when I created a new type of workspace (the one that doesn't create a corresponding O365 group). I've created a new report by importing data. Then I created a new report that is sourced from that PowerBI dataset located in the workspace and I'm getting Internal Server Error when publishing the report.

"An error occured while attempting to publish "Report.pbix": The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error"

Comments
Bjarne-KA
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it works now, I have tested it for the last few days

Tas
Advocate I
Advocate I

OK, unfortunately I am on Windos 10 with the WIndows Store version set to autoupdate, so will have to wait until it updates.  Good to know others have it working though.

timtunbridge
Regular Visitor

Has this really been fixed? I have the latest September build but I am still getting the error 500.

The workaround we are using is to manually import the report.

Are other people finding this is still an issue (it could just be me?!)

Thanks

excellecxe
Frequent Visitor

I am also still replicating the error. Downloaded latest and nothing has changed...

Tas
Advocate I
Advocate I

I can confirm I am still seeing the same error with the Wednesday 19th Sep (2.62.5222.761) version of Power BI desktop, which seems to be the latest currently available 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The bug would be fix by the end of the month. Please test again after this month is gone. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

This issue has been fixed, please check it on your side.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

JAB
Advocate II
Advocate II

It works for me. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Works for me with the latest Desktop.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe this is also caused when you have your file name matching that of a PBI Service. I had a file called Jira which I couldn't upload (I was using Jira service). Once I renamed the pbix file it published successfully.