Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New Workspace: PBI Desktop cannot publish a report sourced from PowerBI dataset

I came around the issue when I created a new type of workspace (the one that doesn't create a corresponding O365 group). I've created a new report by importing data. Then I created a new report that is sourced from that PowerBI dataset located in the workspace and I'm getting Internal Server Error when publishing the report.

"An error occured while attempting to publish "Report.pbix": The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error"

Comments
cavalierimauro
Helper I

Same error. Please fix ASAP. Thanks,

timtunbridge
Regular Visitor

Ditto - similar issue trying to publish a report to a new preview workspace that uses a live connection to a Power BI dataset.

Raimana
Frequent Visitor

As a workaround, you can deploy a report manually as a pbix file upload.

But I found out that if the workspace is published though an app, you continue to have the same error message when opening the pbix report that connects to the dataset on the service.

I wanted to try out the new workspace but it turns out I'll wait a bit until it's polished.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Fix is out for review, will update here once I know when the QFE process will start.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Tas
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes, I have the same problem here.  When publishin a PBIX report, pointing to a dataset already in the new workspace I get the (500) internal server error.

I have a publishing deadline of early this week.  Any news, or do we have to revert to the old workspaces at the moment?

pcgeekus
Helper I

We just tested Saturday and still have issues. Will the fix not be deployed until after "QFE"?

Jon

Bjarne-KA
Frequent Visitor

It is still not solved in September update, anyone knows when this will be solved ?

I can still not publish if there is a apps attached.

HBI
Regular Visitor

Same isue here, server 500 when trying to publish a report using a Power BI dataset. And like many other posting here, I am also on a deadline!! Please provide feedback / estimated resolution date for this issue.

excellecxe
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Hoping this gets fixed ASAP. Kills the purpose of conencting to a Power BI dataset as source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like it works now! Just download latest desktop update.