Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New Premium Workspace Preview, The remote server returned and error: (500)

I'm testing a report deployed as an App in the new Premium Workspace Preview and have an error when attempting to publish from Power BI Desktop:

"An error occurred whilte attempting to publish 'xyz.pbix': The remote server returned and error: (500) Internal Server Error."

This is new preview App Workspace, with a published App. I am attempting to upload updates to both the report and the dataset.

This was working OK until I accidentally published this to "My Workspace" and then cancelled half way through after realising it was going to the wrong place - unless that was a coincidence.

If I unpublish the App, I can publish the pbix, but that means I have to unpublish and republish whenever i need to update, which is problematic with a large user base.

I can also, apparently, publish this to OK to other workspaces, only the preview space giving me an error.

Any ideas?

On a separate note, the "Idea Labels" seem insufficient for this type of issue, you need to update the list to include Premium related feedback and Preview related feedback at the least.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported the issue internally before: CRI 79921356. PG team are working on the fix. Will update here if the ETA is available. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

We expect to start the QFE process to MSIT next week, after that it will take another week to reach production clusters.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Tas
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same error, but the workspace is not premium. It is a new workspace.  I have loaded a PBIX file that is the data model, and now I am trying to publish another PBIX file that points to the Model PBIX file in the new workspace.    I get this error:

Capture.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The issue should be fixed now. Please test again on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Tas
Advocate I
Advocate I

Qiujun Yu,

I am sorry, but there is no change at all from my perspective.  I am still getting exactly the same error message that I posted above.

Tas

Tas
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have discovered that a work around in my case seems to be to delete the report from the workspace, and then import it using Get Data > File.

I need to still confirm if this changes the report GUID though, since a static ID is critical to our URL filtering approach to navigation to filtered reports for end users.

Tas
Advocate I
Advocate I

Oh well, as expected the work around of deleting the report and importing again does not retain the same URL.  It does seem to work otherwise though, except that once imported you can not publish over it.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Tas,

Please test it again. If issue persists, please post a new thread with detail information provide in Issues forum. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu