Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New Power BI Desktop interface keeps freezing - HELP

Hello, since the new ribbon interface was rolled out, my Power BI Desktop Pro is completely unresponsive and keeps freezing. I cannot minimise, maximise, or move the window at all. The ribbon is completely unresponsive. Occassionally, it will randomly unfreeze, only to re-freeze. This is affecting all my reports. I cannot get any work done. This is an issue with PowerBI and not my system, I have the latest Core i7 with 32Gb of system memory on Windows 10. All my other apps are fine. It was working fine before the new interface was rolled out. Any help would be appreciated, particularly on how I can roll this back to the previous version.

Comments
mhardy
Advocate I

For the record, turning off all preview features fixed it.  Freeze free ever since.

MitieFred
Helper V

Still experiencing the problem.  We have company-wide auto-update, so difficult to revert to a prior release. 

We are on December 2021, version 2.100.1401.0

The only, sometimes, resolution is minimise and then maximise, otherwise it's into Task Manager and hit the kill switch, with the resultant loss of updates and time. 

Regards

Fred

ERCLOS_PBI
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

I am similar issues. However, this happened when working on query view. Everything else freezes but the results window where I can scroll up and down.

I cannot close (except force-close it via Task manager) via the app window.Power BI freezes in Query ViewPower BI freezes in Query View