Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New Power BI Desktop interface keeps freezing - HELP

Hello, since the new ribbon interface was rolled out, my Power BI Desktop Pro is completely unresponsive and keeps freezing. I cannot minimise, maximise, or move the window at all. The ribbon is completely unresponsive. Occassionally, it will randomly unfreeze, only to re-freeze. This is affecting all my reports. I cannot get any work done. This is an issue with PowerBI and not my system, I have the latest Core i7 with 32Gb of system memory on Windows 10. All my other apps are fine. It was working fine before the new interface was rolled out. Any help would be appreciated, particularly on how I can roll this back to the previous version.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freezing for me too - please fix, we have lots of work to do.........

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous   Did you try the new release that just went up mentioned by @AlexGorev ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @Anonymous 

Checking - didn't see his note till just now...

shruti_nokia
Regular Visitor

Thank you @AlexGorev. Its working fine now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, @AlexGorev and @Anonymous - working well for me!

mhardy
Advocate I

Yup, 2 days straight now using the new build and no freezing.  Thanks Power BI team!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also decided to uninstall the March release and install February.  What is interesting, with February release everything runs much faster.  

Lucchesi0911
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

I downloaded and install Power BI Desktop through Microsoft Store, which eliminated all the lock ups.

hope this helps.

teneilkw
Frequent Visitor

@AlexGorev I've tried uninstalling the Power BI (version 2.79.5774.0) and installing the latest version (2.80.5808.0) but I still have this issue. I open up the program and it's okay. Then I select my pbix file (doesn't matter which one) and it opens up and works for 10 seconds, then it says Power Bi is not responding (without me doing anything) then it freezes. I can't move the mouse or do anything at all. This happens even if Power Bi is the only program running. It's been a few days now and I'm super frustrated. I'm hoping I can get this issue resolved before my next meeting.

vpatel55
Kudo Commander

@teneilkw I'm on the latest version and it still gives me issues, but much less than before. Try the February release (links further up this thread), it gave me no issues with freezing at all.