Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I
Resolver I

New Filter Pane not Saving Selections and not publishing in Service

Hi guys,

I've tried the new filter experience and it isn't working at all.  On a particular table visual, I 'unhide' the filters I want to have visible. It looks good in desktop and works as intended.  I save and publish then in Power BI Service, there are no filters when I select the table.  

I then re-open the desktop file and notice that filters I'd set to visible are all hidden again.  It looks as if when saving the desktop file before publishing, it is losing the settings.

Cheers

KC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KCinMelbourne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft, I had the November version installed but have just updated to the new December version and the issue is resolved. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ryszard314159
Regular Visitor

The same problem here - “Filters on all pages” pane is visible (and actionable) in https://app.powerbi.com it is not visible in embedded view i.e. for the end user.  In the same embedded view, filters for individual widgets are visible, but not actionable. This is with Version: 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019).

Apparently, filter pane was disabled in embedding. It works now!

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Yes, please close.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KCinMelbourne,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved now. May I close the thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Shelley
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-qiuyu-msft, I am on the March version of Power BI and this same thing is happening to me. I have report level filters set in the desktop and when I publish to powerbi.com they vanish. I have tried editing the file on powerbi.com too and it squares away,  but then I save the file and they vanish again. This seems to have started in the last couple months. I really hope Microsoft addresses this quickly as it makes me look stupid to my users when long lists of useless selections appear in their reports. I don't want to delete and republish as I will then have to add all the security groups and users back to the new version.

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft, I had the November version installed but have just updated to the new December version and the issue is resolved. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KCinMelbourne,

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? I tested your sample file in Power BI desktop 2.65.5313.621 64-bit (December 2018), it's able to save the new filter setting. Please update your desktop to the same version as ours then test it again. Also please ensure below option is enabled in your Power BI desktop. 

q3.PNG

You can test with the updated report on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KCinMelbourne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft, I tested that file and it worked fine. 

My file continues to have the issue though.  I suspect it is not an issue with Service but when saving my file given the filters have disappeared upon saving.  I can't share the file because it contains confidential financial data.  That said, I was able to reproduce the same issue using this file

Naturally, because when I save it loses the filter, you won't see a filter in the new filter experience on opening.  Is there a setting which may be effecting this?

Cheers

Kirsty

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KCinMelbourne,

Based on my test, if I show the visual level filter for the table visual in new filter pane, after publishing the report to Power BI service, select the table visual, the filter displays in new filter pane. You can test with our report to see if the same issue happens on your side. 

DesktopDesktopServiceService

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Dear Qiuyun Yu @v-qiuyu-msft 

I have the same problem. Filter panel disappeares after publishing the report. I have tried your report. Filter is exist on your report. But absent in mine. What may I do?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.