Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New Custom App Navigation Issue

Not a huge issue as there is a simple work around, but I wanted to report anyway.

I am getting reports from several users that, occasionally, the new custom App navigation links will link to a tab is in a completely different report. I am not able to replicate it myself, but I did have the users share their screen and I was able to confirm the issue. It seems to happen after the user quickly moves between reports and tabs, and only seems to impact 1 of the navigation links. The rest seem to work fine.

Having the user reset by going to https://app.powerbi.com/home, then going back into the app fixes the issue.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mmyers2

Is it possible to get a video so wen can understand the "the new custom App navigation links will link to a tab is in a completely different report."? 

Please let the users test again with different browsers to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

Hi guys,

My users experience the same issue. I could replicate it the following way:

- have an app with several reports. The app is with the new navigation, reports placed in several sections. 

- start playing with report A and report B from the app. Report A is with bookmarks and report B is without bookmarks

- open the app, go to report A and select a button that opens a bookmark in A

- then select report B and a message pops up "We could not load that bookmark so we'll return you to the report's default view". (please note report B has no bookmarks). Then you get report B displayed, but if you try to open any page from report A, report B is shown instead.

The above was seen in Chrome and Edge.

Hope that helps.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

@v-qiuyu-msft, if needed I can send you a video with this issue.

BR

Tsanka

PS: Support case 119061821002771 registered

MariaU
Regular Visitor

Hi,

We have experienced the same issue exactly the same way as @Tsanka explained. We get the same error message about bookmarks and navigation is not working properly (only one report in the App is having this weird behaviour, other 2 reports are working fine). Is this a bug somehow related to the bookmarks?

Kind regards,

Maria

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

I have an update on the registered case:

"We were able to reproduce the issue and we escalated it with the PG Team with all of our findings. We will get back to you when we hear back from the PG Team"

Hope the PG Team to react and the fix to be released soon

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@Tsanka @MariaU I have reported the same issue internally and PG team confirmed this bug, please see my last post in this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/New-app-experience-with-bookmarks/idi-p/708602

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu