Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New Calendar Pop Up Window bug

Hi,

After the last update of Power Bi there is a new calendar pop up window at date slicers.

It seems that once i have navigated to a past date, then i'm not able to select the last date of the date field.

For example, i have the following calendar table:

DATE_TABLE = CALENDAR(date(2017,01,01),date(2022,04,05))

I'm creating a date slicer and when i select a previous date 2022.04.04, i'm no longer able to select the last date 2022.04.05.

NikPrat_0-1649147280516.png

Is there any solution to this?

Currently this issue should be fixed already in Power BI Service, please check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
hkh29

I also have this issue. It seems to only occur when I select the previous day. I am only able to get back to the latest date by using the slider.

If I select a date further back than the previous day I am then able to select the latest date correctly from the date picker. 

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 299915168), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,

ssharma_007
Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone,

I am facing the same issue.

After last months update for some reason the date filter is acting a bit odd. The date slicer won't let me choose the pevious day and everything is greyed out, this wasn't the case before.

This happens both in the desktop version and when the report is published online.

It won't even allow to change the date manually. It is really tough to get the date in.

This is increasing the time to get stats from the reports.

Please see below an example below:

I had to manually enter the date in the second field and then in the first field everything is weired out.

ssharma_007_0-1649240478165.png

Thanks for your help in advance.

pedroandrade30
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue, my desktop version has the old template running normally but when I publish it only shows the date values that appear in the dataset.

The palliative work around that I found until someone fixes this is to set the date you want in the desktop file and publish it again.

ssharma_007
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I have a workaround too, where you won't have to pulish the report again and again.

1. First, click on the date field :

ssharma_007_0-1649257834111.png

1. Immediately after that right click on the date field, you’ll see a cursor blinking then only use keyboard arrow keys to delete the current date and enter the desired date.

(Don’t use the mouse to go over the date because that will not work)

ssharma_007_1-1649257834115.png

NeelabhK

You can use the arrows (upward and downward arrow's) in the date picker to go up by a month or back by a month to enable the latest date. Latest date is the date upto which data is there in your report data set.

jkremling
Regular Visitor

Since the last update, we have faced a problem with automated tests above PBI reports, because they need to edit date input. Now, this is not possible, because after clicking on the date field, a pop-up calendar opens and manual editing is disabled.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Update:

Engineers have identified the issue and the fix. Will update once they have an eta on fix. Till the fix is deployed, potential workarounds are

1. Use slider to update dates

2. For reports created with the March 2022 release and later, use the textbox to update the date

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Currently this issue should be fixed already in Power BI Service, please check it again.

Best Regards,

NikPrat
Regular Visitor

Great news! Indeed it has been fixed.

Thank you!