Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NestedJoin with FullOuter option seems to work strange with Table.SelectRows

I do NestedJoin with FullOuter option, using let's say ID field. There is no ID in right table which do not exists in the left table.

If I filter the result table by other field FOR NULL values, I start to see a row with all the nulls in the table. In other words, it seems like it would be a row in right table which contains ID which doesn't exists in the left table (but it's defenitely not the case). If I filter FOR NOT NULL the same column, null row doesn't appear.

If I change JUST the join to LeftOuter, the null row disappear, so the problem defenitely relates to using FullOuter.
There is a number of steps between the join and the filter steps.

For me it seems like an error. I do not have any idea how laziness may influence such a behavior.
The null row appeare regardless of existing of ID column at the moment of filtering.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @andreyminakov ,

Would you please provide some sample data to reproduce?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

aminakov
Frequent Visitor

I placed the code in this topic - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/There-is-a-bug-fill-FullOuter-Join-mode/idi-p/720383#M45339

I forgot that I made this topic.