Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Navigation page (PowerBI service) does not exist

Hi, 

My colleague has an issue in PowerBI service (desktop) - navigation Pane is gone, screenshot below: 

lale24_0-1661524054907.png

The issue appears 10 days ago and it is only related to his account.

We tried deleting cache, log in into different browsers but nothing worked.

Is anyone know to fix it? Thank you.

Hi @lale24 

This is happening because PG gradually upgrading UI as part of Trident effort so this is a new component intended to replace old functionality.
PG gives a workaround : to apply `?tridentStageTwo=0` flag to url .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @lale24 

Can other users in the same tenant see the navigation ? If the user is a guest user , he will meet the issue . If he is not a guest user , you can clear the cache and sign in with incognito mode .

Solved: Navigation pane missing from home page of Power BI... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

lale24
Advocate II

Hi Alisa Tao, 

Other users at the same tenant can see naviation pane.

User is not guest user.

Clearing the cache and sign in via incognito mode not working. We can try again.

lale24
Advocate II

Hi, 

We tried again and it is not working, navigation pane is not visible.

alozano
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft We are experiencing the exact same issue, in our organization, that @lale24 describes here. Is this a glitch? We have confirmed that we have teh same (PRO) license and PBI Versions. Is there an ETA of when this would be resolved? We really need to have this up and running for users onboarding (training) to PowerBi in September. Thanks.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @lale24 

The users can see the navigation pane with the user cannot see the naviation pane in the same broswer ? 

Best Regards,

lale24
Advocate II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Yes, other users can see navigation pane, but that one user can not see in the same browser.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @lale24 

Where your tenant is located ? It seems that users elsewhere can't expand the navigation pane either . Their tenant is in North Europe (Ireland) .

Best Regards,

lale24
Advocate II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Our tenant is also North Europe (Ireland).

CJLittle
Frequent Visitor

My tenant is West US (California) but there are others in my company on the same tenant without this issue.

jmunster
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft I can report a similar issue that is occuring with my user when logged into Power BI. Same login, different browsers, nav panel icon is missing. Other users in our organization are having no issue.