Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Native query for Amazon Redshift - not working in the Service

We found the new native query for Redshift feature works great, in the October version of Power BI Desktop. But after publishing the .pbix (in DirectQuery mode) to a workspace in the Power BI Service (in Premium Capacity), we get an error when trying to render the report in the Service. I contacted support, and they could only tell me: "it might take some time for this new feature to be available in your region." Is that right? ... Our region is 'West US (California)'.

They also referenced the Import data from a database using native database query page, and noted that Amazon Redshift is not listed there, yet. That doc will need an update, maybe.

Please help? Should we expect to wait for this to roll out to our region? How long could that take? Or, could this be some kind of bug?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@kevhav 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. 

IcM 269226047

ScottBeal
Advocate I

Same issue here.

We have added native Redshift queries and set them to "Import".

They refresh correctly in Desktop but in the service, when refreshed, the error is:
 Processing error  Native queries aren't supported by this value.

nsu
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue right there ... Hopefully there will be an correction asap.

modi123p
Helper III

@hatim-stovewala 

For me .... Queries in native Mode work only in PBI Desktop for RedShift.

It does not work on PBI Service. It doesn't depend on type of SQL query.... it may be with or without Group By clause

Region: North Europe (Ireland)

Not sure why documentation states that it works.

If it works for anyone... can you please specify the region as well??

kevhav
Continued Contributor

This actually is working as expected for me now, in "West US (California)" region. Including if the query has a GROUP BY clause -- it still works.

Although some SQL syntax seems to break it, like putting a semicolon at the end of your SQL statement. So you might try a very simple SQL statement at first, to test if it works. Then add to it, to see if any type of SQL  syntax causes it to stop working.

Chicago
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

Is there any update on this issue? A few of my colleagues and I are currently having this issue. 
Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Outschoorn
Regular Visitor

Hi, This issue was fixed in the Nov-2021 update to the power bi gateway.