Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NOT() breaks on rename of referenced field

Renaming a field that is referenced in a NOT() statement causes the closing parenthesis of the NOT() to be removed. This occurs in both calculated columns and measures, and it occurs regardless of where the NOT() statement is in the statement.

To Reproduce:

define as either columns or measures:

IAmTrue = TRUE()

IAmNotTrue = NOT(IAmTrue)

Now, rename IAmTrue to anything. It will remove the closing parenthesis from IAmNotTrue.

This also occurs if the NOT() appears in the middle of a larger statement.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have consulted this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tested this issue with the most recent update, and it got worse.

Now when you rename a column or measure referenced in a NOT(), both the beginning and ending parenthesis are removed.

You can still reproduce this issue with the steps in my original post.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop version 2.66.5376.2521 64-bit (February 2019) as well. Already consulted this issue internally, will keep you update once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue still exists in the latest Version, 2.68.5432.661 64-bit (April 2019). The steps outlined in my original post still work to reproduce it.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm sorry that I didn't get any information internally. I'm trying to reach out PG team again, will keep you update once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

PG are working on the fix. Will update here once I get ETA. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu