Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MySQL Error Invalid time(hours) format. Use interval types instead

Hi, everyone.

I've run into an error while trying to connect to the "work_time" table in our company's database:

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [22007] [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(w) Driver][mysqld-8.0.28-0ubuntu0.20.04.3]Invalid time(hours) format. Use interval types instead

Here's the screenshot of table's structure:

mysql error.png

I didn't happen to find any workaround. Anyone had the same issue? 

Hi @razmochaev,

According to the error message, it should be something related to date type or date/time format. And it’s very likely that it’s work_date, time_from or time_to columns cause this issue. Set work_date as date data type and set time_from/time_to time data type should be proper. For the date/time types supported in Power BI, Please refer to this official doc Data types in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @razmochaev,

According to the error message, it should be something related to date type or date/time format. And it’s very likely that it’s work_date, time_from or time_to columns cause this issue. Set work_date as date data type and set time_from/time_to time data type should be proper. For the date/time types supported in Power BI, Please refer to this official doc Data types in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

razmochaev
Helper I

Hi, @v-cazheng-msft 

I guess date and time types are correct, according to DB settings:

Screenshot_2.png

I've found a bug report on that issue in MySQL community: https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=75925

The workaround is:

this problem is solved!! but you need to add (TIME_FORMAT)(,'%H:%i:%s') 

Below is the example this is in VBA

SQLStr = SQLStr & ", TIME_FORMAT(sec_to_time(sum(case when sub_status ='00:00:00' then pause_sec else 0 end)),'%H:%i:%s')

Maybe, I should try using native query for that case.