Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Multiple issues with Reports in PBI Service - app.powerbi.com - Saving reports errors

Hi,

Lately I constantly face several very frustrating issues:

1) previously implemented custom theme doesn't work online: I still see some default colors after re-publishing dataset online and trying to create a new report based on it

2) changes are not saving: it's written it's been saved, but when refreshing the report, it's actually an old version. Sometimes it shows the 'saved' results, but after another refresh I see an old version again. I cleaned cookies and opened reports in Incognito mode - the problem remains

3) I didn't get any solution for 'Something went wrong: unable to save report' in PBI Service, except for replacing the dataset and re-building all reports manually. I did it several times, but it takes too much time. Is there any fix for this bug?

4) when creating a link in PBI Service, sometimes after clicking it I get 'the content is not available' or smth like this

5) when creating a link in PBI Service, after clicking it I don't come to the first page of the report

6) report filters are not applying after saving the report: e.g. I choose a company ID as a report level filter, but after publishing the report, there is a mix of data from several properties

7) after I apply several changes to a dataset in PBI Desktop and then publish it online, I refresh reports referred to this dataset, but I don't see the latest applied changes, e.g. theme changed, a custom column added, freshest up-to-date data, etc.

I really hope there is a way to find some solutions to these issues because they alter my working process. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Taisiya

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As there are 7 issues, I would suggest you create 7 different threads, each thread for each issue, so we can follow up the issue clearly. Thanks for your understanding. Smiley Happy

In this thread, I will focus on the first issue, you can create another 6 threads for other 6 issues. In order to get better response, please describe the issue clearly, provide enough information if possible. 

1) previously implemented custom theme doesn't work online: I still see some default colors after re-publishing dataset online and trying to create a new report based on it

Please share .json file and sample pbix file with us so we can test on our side. You can upload them to your OneDrive or Dropbox, send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way to solve the issue without sharing pbix file? I don't have any 'random' there, only clients'. The bug comes on Power BI Service side. What happens is that the reports I upload through Service _do_ contain new colors, but when I replicate those, some reports look different in browser: it looks OK, according to theme colors, in Power BI itself, but when I publish such reports and then open them in Chrome or Moziall Firefox, I see different colors from the default theme. That is the issue. I hope this explanation helps.

Kind regards,

Taisiya

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can share custom theme json file and clarify detail steps for us to reproduce the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Hi,

I am going to share it in private messages.

Steps applied:

• Upload custom theme from JSON file in PBI Desktop
  • Save changes
  • Publish the report to PBI Service
  • Go to PBI Service
  • Publish the report through Publish to web button
  • Get a link
  • Copy the link and open in a browser
  • Colors are not displayed as they are in PBI

BR,

Taisiya

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please test it again on your side. You can also test with our report

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Thank you

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Is the issue gone on your side or still there? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Hi, it is not gone, it appears randomly. I am solving it with the support team. Thank you.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It would be better if you could share the solution here which will benefit other members who comes across the same issue when the issue is resolved. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu