Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Multiple Monitors - PBI Icon on Wrong Screen

I am working with multiple monitors (2). Ever since I updated to Windows 11, the icon of PowerBI no longer shows up on the right screen.

PBI.png

This is especially annoying/inneficient when there are multiple overlapping softwares open on the same screen and the user has to go to the other monitor to open PBI and navigate between different software.

These are my Taskbar settings, PBI seems to be the only software which does not respect these settings.

PBI2.png

This seems is the same problem that was reported in 2017:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-s-Windows-taskbar-location-with-multiple-monitors/i...

Hi @SamuelAB 

Download the version of Power BI Desktop that matches the architecture (x86 or x64) of your Windows OS. So what is the architecture (x86 or x64) of your Windows ? How about Desktop ? After you updating system to W11 , did you reinstall your Desktop ? Maybe you can download the latest version Desktop and then install it to see whether the PBI icon will be hiden . 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @SamuelAB 

Download the version of Power BI Desktop that matches the architecture (x86 or x64) of your Windows OS. So what is the architecture (x86 or x64) of your Windows ? How about Desktop ? After you updating system to W11 , did you reinstall your Desktop ? Maybe you can download the latest version Desktop and then install it to see whether the PBI icon will be hiden . 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

SamuelAB
Frequent Visitor

I have the 64 bit install, just like my Windows. Reinstalling did not help.

Did you test to see if you could reproduce the issue on your end?