Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Multiple 365 Account Connections to Data

Hi all!

I've really hit a wall with the below, hoping someone might have an idea.

I have 3 dynamic excel sheets that my power queries are successfully updating and refreshing in PowerBi. 1 sheet is stored in my employer's SharePoint (employer.sharepoint.com), the other two are stored in the company we contract to's (contractor.sharepoint.com). I have limited permission's on the contractor SharePoint, but I am able to connect to the SharePoint folder and successfully run power queries. My username and password are the same in both accounts, and they both have MFA but I have created permissions and signed in to both under "organizational" and "windows account".

However, I have to run in import mode because I have to filter so much to make sure we only get "today's" sheet. This data is how we keep track of our agents working from home and the work they're processing.

Now that I've published the dataset, I can't run automatic refreshes (i know this isn't supported in Import mode), but the error I'm getting when refreshing manually is that the credentials in the data, despite the credentials being validated in PowerBi Desktop. 

I've stored the .pbx in a sharepoint folder on the emplo

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks, 

Maddie. 

You can consider configuring Incremental refresh for your reports which extends scheduled refresh operations by providing automated partition creation and management for dataset tables that frequently load new and updated data.

For more details about it, please refer:

1. Configure incremental refresh and real-time data 
  2. Incremental refresh and real-time data for datasets 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

You can consider configuring Incremental refresh for your reports which extends scheduled refresh operations by providing automated partition creation and management for dataset tables that frequently load new and updated data.

For more details about it, please refer:

1. Configure incremental refresh and real-time data 
  2. Incremental refresh and real-time data for datasets 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li