Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Multi-value (integer or string) parameter using Power BI Report Builder Connected to Snowflake ODBC

I've watched the following YouTube video, but I am not able to pass a multiple values to a parameter when querying Snowflake.

VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Frj8vG4as

I've ensured that I have set up the parameters correctly, and that I'm using the proper "?" symbols in place of the parameter name/values. I am able enter a single integer-type value in the field, and it will return values. But the moment I introduce a second integer value it doesn't work. I get a "ERROR [22018] Numeric value '9135969, 93392572' is not recognized" error message. The numbers that you see between the single quotes are a parameter name "distID", and below is how I've configured it for the dataset.

=Join(Parameters!distID.Value,", ")

I've also made sure that the distID parameter is set up to allow multiple values, and that it is an integer type. If you need any other information, please feel free to reach out.

HI @mwoodward 

Form the error message that seems Numeric value is not recognized , you can check it with the first single integer-type value in the field .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

HI @mwoodward 

Form the error message that seems Numeric value is not recognized , you can check it with the first single integer-type value in the field .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

mwoodward
Frequent Visitor

I've made sure that the parameter "distID" is set up as an integer, and that it should allow multiple values. Still, no luck on my end. I am able to get it to work if I only have one integer value in the parameter field. For example, if I enter 9135969 in the DistID field, I am able to get the results that I am seeking. It's when I try to add another value below (without manually adding a comma) I get the error that I shared previously.

mwoodward
Frequent Visitor

Any update here?

Ritesh_Air
Post Patron

@mwoodward @v-yetao1-msft Any updates here? I am running into the same issue. Trying to pass the multi-value parameter, using Snowflake SQL as a source (using ODBC) to connect.

Thanks,

Ritesh