Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Multi-select filter becomes single-select in Power BI Service

Hi,

I am having almost the same issue as @CBurd "Single select slicer changes to multi-select in Power BI Service" (community.powerbi.com wont let me link to it for some reason) only the opposite.

cgio_0-1632757336913.png

On Power BI desktop, I set it as multi-select like so:

cgio_0-1632756881839.png

But when I publish it on Power BI service, it changes to single-select.

cgio_2-1632757182013.png

This is not an update app issue because I tried it multiple times and the bug still exits. Can you please help me fix it? Thank you.

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

I have also tested it in my desktop and published it to the service, but I can’t reproduce the same issue as yours:

In desktop:

vrobertqmsft_0-1632799361161.png

In service:

vrobertqmsft_1-1632799361162.png

Therefore, I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and try to republish the report to the service again to overwrite the original report and check if this problem can disappear.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I also faced the same problem. I have this report for a long time and never had this issue before.

My pbix was multiple select but once I publish it, it becomes single select. Also, I went to edit on PBI service to change it to multiple select and saved it. However, it still didn't work. It is still single select.

Strange thing is, I asked my colleague to check on her side and she saw it as multiple select.

I have tried:

1) Publish the report again - not working

2) Use private browser to view the report - not working

3) Edit the filter on service - not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for people who also faced the same issue, I just tried to reset filters on PBI service and the multiple select is now on display.

Only strange thing was, that filter was never exactly a single select filter. So not sure why the cache remembered it as single select.

bklyn3
Advocate II

I have the same issue but it only impact some users... 

Any idea ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works for me after clicking on the below, perhaps you can ask your users to try:

reginel_0-1658455245513.png

apsichalas

Same problem for me here.

Reset doesn't fix the issue.

RCJONES

I was experincing this issue as well. Multi-select slicer works in desktop app but changed to single-select in the web app. Editing in the web app would still revert the slicer to single select after saving and refreshing the page.

The "reset filters and slicers" option at the top suggested by another user seems to have worked in resolving it. Interestingly, my personal button set to reset slicers did not work.

IVE

I found a solution ,at least in my reports: I had to un-select all choices and then I could select multiple options.

IVE_0-1712757554462.png