Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Monthly Totals Not Working - DAX and Data Modeling

Hi,

I am trying to get monthly forecast totals to show in my power bi desktop report, however, the same overall report quantity keeps repeating for every month.  Can you help me please?   Also, I have a relationship between my calendar date table that has future dates, with the future orders table, and I'm not sure they are communicating properly, as I had to create a secondary date table to show my future dates (below) from the future orders table.  

JaclynPugh2022_1-1663855549569.png

Hi @JaclynPugh2022 

Desktop seems to have been updated in September, you can download Desktop again and test your problem .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @JaclynPugh2022 

Can you provide your pbix file(remove sensitive info) to us ? From the screenshot you provided , I have no way of determining the cause of the problem . 

Best Regards,

JaclynPugh2022
Helper II

It appears to be that I have to create a helper table of unique part numbers to connect a relationship between historical orders and future orders tables; otherwise it is a multi relationship to multi relationship issue.  However, after updating to September 2022 Power BI Desktop to modify a query is extremely painful and slow even to do a simiple remove duplicates inside the query editor is taking hours, when it shouldn't.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JaclynPugh2022 

Desktop seems to have been updated in September, you can download Desktop again and test your problem .

Best Regards,

JaclynPugh2022
Helper II

Hi,  I downloaded the September 2022 version and it changed my program to RS Report server.  I'm not sure if that was the intended Power BI Desktop update for Sept 2022?

Thank you