Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Modify Refresh email - I do not know which Tenant has a refresh stopped

The email that comes to me that tells me that my "scheduled refresh has been paused" is great. The problem is that it does not tell me the NAME of the tenant or the instance. The problem is NOT with the report or the accuracy of the email or that the refresh has been paused – these are all probably correct and good to know. The problem is that I have no idea WHAT report is not refreshing anymore. I get the email but it does not tell me the Tenant name or the instance name. These are critical tidbits for me to go and either remove the report or get mad at some people who are not looking at the report like they should.

Here is the example. I am the admin on 6 different tenants. One of those tenants has about 8 instances in it. Therefore, when I get an email that a Power BI report is not being viewed and is therefore not being refreshed anymore, I need to know which tenant and which instance. I have many Power BI reports running out there with the same or similar (or identical) names and so the name doesn’t work to help me identify it.

Therefore, I need the email to tell me what Tenant name (not just Tenant ID because I have to go hunt that down then too) as well as the Report Name and where it lives (My Workspace or wherever).

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @collinq,

The scheduled refresh is paused email is sent to dataset owner. As you are admin of multiple tenants, you should have many account corresponding to each tenant. So which email is sent this kind of email, you can find issued dataset in which tenant. 

For your requirement to display tenant and workspace name in received email, you can vote on this similar idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/31741474-display-workspace-name-i...

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

collinq
Super User

I have tied my one single email to all the different tenants.  Therefore, I get all Tenant email in one email address.  So, I do not have multiple accounts for multiple tenants - I have one account for multiple tenants.