Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Model relationship section is locked. Cannot drag to create relationships.

Hello.

As you can see in this picture, the model section where I create relationships between tables is locked. Strangely, this happened only with the data pulled from the web. If I link power bi to a file (excel or csv), everything is fine. In that case (getting data from the web), I can only use the relationship editor.

Moreover, if I make a new layout, the model section is not locked, but when I try to move around the tables the section will lock immediately.

I also re-installed the application and this problem is still there.

The version that I am using: 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit.

Later edit: If I connect Power BI to a SQL Server database, the model section is active, but if I try to create some relationships between tables it does not show me in the diagram the line that is connecting one field to another.

Capture.JPG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Would you please share a pbix file with us? Please remove sensitive data in the report, upload pbix file to your OneDrive for Business then paste the share link here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning.

Here is the link to my pbix file: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vW6WIuA7oYA_88XBW4s07SW9Hs9CUEhE

The strange thing is that if I create a new layout everything is running smoothly util I move around the tables for which I wish to create a relationship.

Thank you!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 183022636. 

This has been resolved in latest April branch (with a continuing but very limited repro) and even better in May (no existing repro). Please wait for Power BI desktop April version or May version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu