Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Model relationship is greyed out

My model relationship pane is greyed out.  Can anyone suggest me how to fix it? Appreciate that!

I have been using February desktop version. and all the relationship are set properly. Nothing went wrong until I upgrade the version to March. Then the model pane is greyed out and I cannot see the line (linkage) among the worksheet again.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @stella_moon

Did the issue happen with one specific report or all reports?

Is it possible for you to share a pbix file with us so we can try to reproduce the issue on our side? If it is, please remove sensitive data in the report, upload pbix file to your OneDrive for Business then paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

stella_moon
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

Thanks for your reply. I am afraid that you cannot see my bbix even I have uploaded

it. My colleague wanted to open my powerbi, and saw an error message.

powerbi error.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @stella_moon

Please update your Power BI desktop to this new version 2.79.5768.1082 then test again. If the issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

miraglia
Advocate I

Can you post what is inside "copy details"? I think I can help you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have the same issue. Since I've downloaded the march update, the model view is greyed out. If I open in a previous version this issue doesn't pop up. Without beeing able to access the relationships, it complicates alot building models. For people that don't have paid support,  will this issue be solved shortly? 

Regards, 

JPereira

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also seeing this issue: the model view is greyed out and no relationship lines are visible. I have the latest version of PBI desktop. 

Latest.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 183022636. 

This has been resolved in latest April branch (with a continuing but very limited repro) and even better in May (no existing repro). Please wait for Power BI desktop April version or May version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

miraglia
Advocate I

If you click on the + Tab under relations then you can drag and drop the table and it is not greyed out anymore...

stella_moon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have raised the same issue. I'm on July 2020 version, so it seems that this issue is not fixed. 

Can you help me on that point ? 

Forum community post : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Data-model-display-issue/m-p/1248638#M551097