Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Missing Workspace in PowerBI Pro

We have encountered the following missing workspace issue and still cannot be resolved for one of our PowerBI pro user, 

• We have create a PowerBI workspace WS_RDM with contributor access grant to Azure AD (AAD) group AZ_PowerBI_Group
  • Checked that (via azure portal AAD) the our user is a valid AAD user as member in AAD group AZ_PowerBI_Group
  • When the user login PowerBI (https://app.powerbi.com/home) in either Chrome or Edge,  there is NO results in workspaces (i.e. WS_RDM is not shown)
  • For some PowerBI Pro users,  they are also in the AAD group AZ_PowerBI_Group, we tried to open “an incognito browser window” in Chrome  and login again, the workspace WS_RDM appears and the problem solved, but not for that user

Please help. 

Many thanks!

Teresa Leung

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @tttleung ,

Could not reproduce it in my side. As far as my test, whether I create an Office 365 group or a security group in Azure AD, all members can see the workspaces when their groups have been added to the workspaces.

Potential reason could be a sync issue, refer this simliar issue: Adding AD security groups to PowerBI app workspace 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li