Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Missing Background and buttons on Publish to Web

Hi.

Today Iam experimenting issues with formatting on the Publish to Web option. Some buttons, background formatting and

logos missing from my reports. First image is from the Publish to Web and the second from the power bi service. The issue

is present for all my reports being published to web.

back1.PNGback2.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @chonox,

Which kind of buttons are missing in the publish to web report? Are they built-in buttons in Power BI or images? 

I have added some built-in buttons and image in the report, change the page background as well, but not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please download our sample report to test if the same issue occurs on your side. 

PBI servicePBI servicePublish to webPublish to web

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

chonox
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun thanks for the reply...

Actually the images configured to call a bookmark. Buttons do appear. The last image shows a background image that wont show up in the publish to web. I dont know why this issue came up, because all did work 2 days ago...

back3.PNGback4.PNG

chonox
Frequent Visitor

Qiuyun, i published to web your report with a lillte twist, I set an action to a bookmark for the fox image.

And it works. Here is the link to the published to web Report

What am I missing?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @chonox,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 79681873. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

phazell
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue. Out of three reports published to the web (all created months ago), one is missing its background image but everything else is visible, one shows up as a totally white page, as the background image is invisible, as are the images which act as links (they can still be clicked, but it's not obvious where they are), and the third doesn't work at all. I refreshed the information in all of these yesterday, and oddly, the second one looked perfectly normal after the refresh yesterday, but is now completely without images.

phazell
Frequent Visitor

To update my comment, I've found a workaround, but it's rather clunky. I saved the reports under slightly different names in Power BI Desktop (v1, etc), uploaded those to Service, created links for the new reports, and then put those into my websites. I can now save the reports in Service (which it wasn't letting me do to the original versions, when the pictures were vanishing), and the graphics all are all being displayed properly in the website.

chonox
Frequent Visitor

Hi Phazell, I also discovered that workarround. I deleted the dataset on the service, upload it again and created a new publish to web link and it works!

ryan-gao
Helper III

Hi guys

this issue will occured when you created the pbix using early desktop version(before 2018  august update), and try to update this file using august version.

as I  see ,it only occurs  in publish to web, which means the background image and imported image works well in the service.

yes, recreate the pbix and upload a new file to the service and then publish really works,but i don't think this is a good solution,because if this issue report was widely shared among the organization, the change notice will make them feeling bad.