Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Missed Line Style in updates October 2017

Hi team,

In new release verson of Power BI desltop Version: 2.51.4885.543 64-bit (October 2017). There is no Line style (a Shape feature) of Line chart which is added in Aug 2017 release. Could you please kindly check it?

1.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@tringuyenminh92

Do you mean the "Marker shape" setting? You need to turn on "Show marker" first, then you should be able to find it as following screenshot.

Missed Line Style in updates October 2017_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, he meant "Line style" option which was added two months ago and is now gone with the October patch. 

I'm in a middle of a BI project were we utilize this particular feature, but I can't change this option anymore with the new patch. I'd like to have it back ASAP.

From August feature summary. Notice the Line style option right below Join type.

0b7e7a31-7480-49ad-8dc9-8d58d1c1d394

jthomson
Solution Sage

Just updated from a version before when this was a feature to October, annoying that I've skipped the functionality completely, please restore this...

robmat77

Yes, Please restore this option for line style configuration.

danextian
Super User

I thought I was the only one having this issue. So it seems a bug. The visual with applied line styles prior to October update still have the styles though but the option to add or edit it is missing.line style option missing.png

magsod
Solution Supplier

I reported the issue in the proper section and hopefully this will be acknowledged and fixed soon.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/line-style-missing-in-October-update/idi-p/276772 

Br,

Magnus

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 49398380
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

This will be fixed for Nov 2017 version of PBI Desktop.

The Web is unaffected - workaround is to Edit report online to access this feature. Saved reports will still render as expected.

Best Regards,
Herbert