Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Min/Max Conditional Formating Rule is not working

In the past when defining Conditional Formatting rules, if we didnt have a minimum or maximum value , we could simply make the text box blank, select dropdown "Number" and it would assign the word "Min" or "Max".

Now, I can still do the above, but when I save and reopen the Condtional Formating Dialog, everything is reset to 0 and 100 along with "Percent" dropdown.

Please check if its a bug or I am missing something?

SamRock_0-1649286576215.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

We get feedbacks from engineers, which is now by design.

0 Pct means minimum value, 100 Pct means maximum. Percent is a percent of the data range that the visual receives. Internally, we save the proper state, but when using percentages it gets displayed in this way for consistency.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please correct me if I have misunderstood your question, and please check the content of my reproduction.

During the test I used both March 2022 and August 2021 versions and this problem occurred,It is uncertain whether this is by design.

Does this situation affect the correctness of your data and can icons be displayed correctly in the table?

Conditional foramt.gif

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xiaoyan-msft 
Thank you for looking into this!

Yes its affecting my result. I have percentages bigger than 100%, here is what happens. Icons dont match the condition at all!
I am using March 2022 update. I remember this working in the past.

SamRock_1-1649327592384.png

Result:

SamRock_0-1649327559161.png

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have submitted to internal ICM 300326265 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue, please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xiaoyan-msft  This is great news.. Thank you so much! 🙂

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous ,

We get feedbacks from engineers, which is now by design.

0 Pct means minimum value, 100 Pct means maximum. Percent is a percent of the data range that the visual receives. Internally, we save the proper state, but when using percentages it gets displayed in this way for consistency.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

Thanks.. Then kindly please explain why my Conditional Formating rule mentioned above is not working?
Eg: Look at the "Yellow" circles. By the defined rule, they all were supposed to be Green.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If the field the formatting is based on contains percentages, write the numbers in the rules as decimals, which are the actual values; for example, ".33" instead of "33". Also, select Number instead of Percent for the number format. For example, "If value is greater than or equal to 0 Number and is less than .33 Number" returns values less than 33%.

For more you can refer to this :Color by rules for percentages 

Hope it helps,

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

It doesnt matter what I select (number with deciamls, or Whole number for Percentage)
The conditional formating doesnt apply. See the attached screenshot

SamRock_2-1650468055035.png

SamRock_1-1650467957184.png

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems you are not doing what I suggested, please set it up as I have noted below, it works fine in my report.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1650502612166.png

Best Regards,