Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Merging Issue Strange Occurrence

I have merged 2 tables to be a full outer Join by Address field. When I check the join column in the 2nd table, it indicates null ( concluding that no record was matched). However, when I highlight the row and view the details in the record selection the Column is populated correctly.

Also, when I filter on null values from the 2nd column the record does not appear,  weven though it indicates null for that record. The  2nd joined column does not appear as null when exported to a table either.  ( I've tried restarting, refreshin, redoing the merge and renaming the workbook, and each time this occurence is still evident).

In the image below you can the record is highligted and indicating null but displaying and address value in the  record selection pane at the bottom.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have merged 2 tables using a full outer Join by Address field.

When I check the join column in the 2nd table, it indicates null ( concluding that no record was matched).

However, when I highlight the row and view the details in the record selection the Column is populated correctly. Also, when I filter on "null" values from the 2nd  join column the record does not appear, also  record is populated correctly when exported to a table. I've tried refreshing and re merging, renaming the workbook, but the   the null value still appear in the Expanded columns

function after merging. In the picture below, see  the selected record is populatedMerge record.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge record.JPG

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Are you merging the tables in Mar 2017 version of Power BI Desktop? From your screenshot, it seem that the table is shown in Excel.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Shree
Frequent Visitor

Hi aklaur,

I have also come across the same issue. Could you please let me know, what way you got through to resolve the same.