Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Measures are Disabled with Read and Build Permissions for Datasets

Hi ,
I am facing below scenarious can anyone help me .
I have a dataset with RLS implemented.
==>>   I am giving a role access to an user of my dataset with Read and Build Permissions. But when a user access that Dataset all the "Measures" are disappeared.

In this case can anyone help me how i can display comple model- (Tables,Measures) with RLS .

Hi @PremsagarTCS 

You granted Read and Build Permissions to the user ,that means the user can access the ubderlying data of the dataset , right ? If in this case , RLS will not work for the user . In other words , the user can see all content of the dataset , include all visuals . 

You mentioned that all measures disappeared when the user access the report , what is the data source of the dataset ? Can the user have permission to access the data source ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @PremsagarTCS 

You granted Read and Build Permissions to the user ,that means the user can access the ubderlying data of the dataset , right ? If in this case , RLS will not work for the user . In other words , the user can see all content of the dataset , include all visuals . 

You mentioned that all measures disappeared when the user access the report , what is the data source of the dataset ? Can the user have permission to access the data source ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

PremsagarTCS
Regular Visitor

Hi , Thanks for the Response.

I am creating Dataset using Tabular editor and even Measure table is not Hidden here.
The datasource is SQL DB.

Note : My model is composite model (Direct query and Import )

With Import Model everything is working as expected