Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Measure is working on desk top but not working in the power bi service

Hi All 

i have encountered a very strange issue

i have a measure that looks like

Lines_Total_Sales = CALCULATE(CALCULATE(SUM('Global VJT_Lines'[Calc_Value]),'Global VJT_Lines'[Group]="Sales",'Global VJT_Lines'[Internal]="False",'Global VJT_Lines'[Value Type]="$"),
EXCEPT(VALUES('Global VJT_Lines'[LineFactory To]),CALCULATETABLE(SUMMARIZE('Global VJT_Lines','Global VJT_Lines'[Line Factory From]),ALLSELECTED())))

it is working perfectly in the power bi desktop (the data base is currently SQL server)
but when i upload to the service the measure show blank (after the refresh)

in the past the data souece was ODBC and then there was no problem in the service.

i will appriciate any ideas
many thanks

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@eitanl,

What is the result when you refresh data in Power BI Desktop instead? Could you please share sample data of Global VJT_Lines for us to test? We also need to know what changes you make in SQL table.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

eitanl
Helper II

Thanks,

after i refresh in the Desktop the report is good and working properly.

unfortenatly i can not share the information, i can share trace files / formulas or any other unspecific information .

Previously i was uploading the data throgh an ODBC connection from severeal sources then created Unpivot on the data and append.

recently i have done all the data gathering and unpivot in the SQL 

and used the Sql DB directly.

eitanl
Helper II

Hi, 

it seem we have found a solution in the following link

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Visualization-BLANK-after-refreshing-page-in-Power-BI-servic...

i have changed the "Internal" column from Text ("True"/ "False" to a number (0/1) and changed the 

calculate filter from 'Global VJT_Lines'[Internal]="False" to  'Global VJT_Lines'[Internal]=0

it seems it has solve the problem

still making some test. i will update if there is still a problem

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

eitanl
Helper II

Work like a charm.

it seems the service is changing "TRUE"/'FALSE" to 0/-1    [ evan if the "TRUE"/'FALSE" is a text column]

once i have changed the filter in the calculate everything worked as it should