Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MdxScript(Model) (108, 2) error with switch button in Power BI Service (no Problem in PBI Desktop)

Hi all

there is something weird happening in Power BI online. I upload every day a new sales report to our PBI Workspace and that has worked without problems the last 12 months! Since yesterday i get in Power BI Online follwing error message with one of my reports:
PBI Service.JPG

In the Desktop Version it still works without problems:

PBI Desktop.JPG

So i am wondering what causes the error now in Power BI Service?

Regards

Florian

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Flori_Abb

What the DAX formula of measure '03_technical_Measure'[var_mqplanrev USD]? From the error message, it seems that the type of this measure is Text which should be corrected. You can try to change the type to whole number or decimal number.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Flori_Abb
Helper I

Hi Herbert

the formula is

var_mqplanrev USD = Switch( True();
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Month" && dim_version[Version selection] = "Plan"; Data_LBE_PLAN[MTD Plan Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Quarter" && dim_version[Version selection] = "Plan"; [QTD Plan Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Month" && dim_version[Version selection] = "LBE1"; Data_LBE_PLAN[MTD LBE1 Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Quarter" && dim_version[Version selection] = "LBE1"; [QTD LBE1 Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Month" && dim_version[Version selection] = "LBE2"; Data_LBE_PLAN[MTD LBE2 Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Quarter" && dim_version[Version selection] = "LBE2"; [QTD LBE2 Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Month" && dim_version[Version selection] = "LBE3"; Data_LBE_PLAN[MTD LBE3 Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Quarter" && dim_version[Version selection] = "LBE3"; [QTD LBE3 Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Month" && dim_version[Version selection] = "LBE4"; Data_LBE_PLAN[MTD LBE4 Rev USD];
dim_measureswitch[Measure Selection] = "Quarter" && dim_version[Version selection] = "LBE4"; [QTD LBE4 Rev USD];
blank())

It has worked nicely until tuesday, after that it shows this error message in PBI Service. In the desktop it still works...

Thanks a lot and KR

Florian

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Flori_Abb

What is the data type of this measure? If it is Text, have you tried to change it to Whole Number or Decimal Number?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Flori_Abb
Helper I

The data type is decimal number and percentage. The really strange thing is that it works in the desktop without problems. Also in Power BI Service there was no issue for 10 months until two weeks ago.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Flori_Abb

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert