Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

May 15 2017 Release (2.46.4732.721) Failure to Refresh

This has been an issue since the Original April Release.  I continue to revert to the March 10th release as it is the last release that allows me to refresh my data.

I just tried the latest May release and the issue persists...

I have received two similar error messages between my two data models:

First: "DataFormat.Error: You attempted to open a database that is already opened by user 'Admin' on machine 'xxxxxxx'.  Try again when the database is available."

Second: "DataFormat.Error:  The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'xxxxxxx' that prevents it from being opened or locked."

I have found that the error only occurs when refreshing from a database that sits on our network drive - I am using an Access Database as the datasource and if I copy the database to my local machine and redirect the datasource in Power BI Desktop, then the model refreshes without issue.

Please fix this issue - having to copy the database locally on my machine in order to refresh is not a viable work around.  I continue to run the March 10th release until this is fixed, wishing that I could access some of the new features that were introduced in April and May...

Comments
madhana_nitiyan

Hi @nbailey - Did you hear back at all? I'm running into the same issue myself. It throws the same error when i try to refresh multiple datasources from the same access file. Thanks.

nbailey
Advocate I

Sorry @madhana_nitiyan, I wish I could give you hope, but I'm still running the Desktop version from April.  This issue was "accepted" and a ticket logged on 5/17/2017 by @v-haibl-msft, but since then I have heard and seen nothing.  I continue to test new releases on my own, but have yet to see the issue resolved.  Perhaps if more people respond to this post with the same/similar issue they'll decide it is important enough to fix....

jimbleeding

I am having the same issue with the newest release.

jimbleeding

I did some more testing. I copied the database backend I was trying to connect to (it resides on a network drive) and put the copy on my desktop, now I get a different error: 'Microsoft.PowerI.OleDb' is not registered.