Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matrix visual not aggregating data when empty values in the row

Hello Power BI community!

I've encountered an issue with the matrix visual: It doesn't aggregate data correctly and displays unnecessary empty cells.
Possible cause or correlation can be, I have a variable with empty values in the rows. But I am not sure.

My setup: several variable used as rows, one column variable, one value variable

issue_matrix_empty_02.png

Result:
In case there are values for all three rows variables: values data are correctly aggregated.
But in case there is no value for "Last Resolved Month" for a combination of other two variables, values are not aggregated and are split into several rows as shown below:

issue_matrix_empty_01.png

It doesn't matter if I use stepped layout or not.

Could you please advise, if I am doing something wrong or fix this issue?

Thank you!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean the red section rows should be aggregated in one row? 

Please share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue with us. You can upload to your OneDrive and send link to me in private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

asuajela
Good afternoon, I would like to ask you a question about matrix. When I create a matrix, the columns are shown in an order by default. I would like to know if there is an option to change the order of columns. Thanks for your soon reply.