Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matrix visual doesn't show data ANYMORE if there is not field in the columns.

We have a report in PBI service containing lots of matrixes. The report uses SSAS live connection as a source

They have fields in the rows, no fields in the colums and ofcourse some values.

If I download the report and open it in PBI desktop (Version: 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (October 2017)) the report works fine.

They worked fine last thursday. Today I get a complaint of the enduser that the report doesn't show data anymore!

I only get the matrix working if I add a field of the columns. 

Has there been an update on the matrix visual? Please fix!

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't want to modify every report in Desktop, another workaround allow you to modify just in the Service. When everything will work, you can just re-upload your pbix file without have to change every report again:

In Power BI Service, if you click on the "matrix", change it to "table" and change it again to "matrix", you can see the fields appearing and you can put something in the column.

In this way you don't have to modify your pbix files and uses them when the issue will be solved.

rvgfox
Helper II

That workaround doesn't work for me, and It's not a good solution because I've several reports.

In PBI desktop it works, but if I republish the report doesn't work.

Ramon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rvgfox

Try this:

"In Power BI Service, if you click on the "matrix", change it to "table" and change it again to "matrix", you can see the fields appearing and you can put something in the column."

Best.

rvgfox
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous

I've tested but it doesn't work.

Ramon

GTull
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. Please sort Microsoft ASAP.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Update from PG team: 

We have the fix ready, I will update with ETA later today. Hopefully we can roll this out over the next 5 days, but it might not hit Production until next week Monday/Tuesday.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

rvgfox
Helper II

Today

It works for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is working for me too.

Ojke
Advocate I

Back to normal.. Great!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

The issue should be fixed now. Please test again to see if the issue is gone. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu