Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matrix error at collapse rows

We have this error at collapse rows in the matrix:

kanga99_0-1640019851247.pngkanga99_1-1640019865976.png

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Hide details
Activity IDe1952432-5e15-424c-9b94-2e4804fb9118
Request IDd2e293f4-ab8a-b134-d96d-09e645de0ccd
Correlation IDf55a2dbe-a08e-7399-6baf-82d2ef880364
TimeMon Dec 20 2021 11:01:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Service version13.0.17333.39
Client version2112.2.09063-train
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-south-central-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Can you help us please?

Hi All, 

We've got feedback from our product team said it's a known issue(ICM 278524684) that Collapsible visuals such as matrix visuals, hierarchical slicers may experience issues of those specific visuals not rendering after a collapse/expand ( +/ -) operation is performed on that visual. Engineers from product team are working on the fix, and I'll sync with you once there is any update.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @kanga99 

Is this report a Paginated report(.rdl) or a normal report(.pbix)? Did you use any Calculated column or Measure to create your Matrix? If it is a normal report, could you please try to download it to a pbix file and open it in Desktop to see whether it will be rendered properly? In addition, please check whether there is any errors in your Power Query Editor or anything wrong with your DAX formulas?

Best Regards,

KrisB
Regular Visitor

Had the same problem. So I edited in the Power BI Service itself, deleted one dimension and added it again and saved, then it seems to work again. Not a permanent solution, but at least clients can see the table now.

akarkal
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue. We have power bi report that is published to embedded service workspace powered by a premium capacity. When I download the report and open it in Desktop the matrix works as expected however getting this issue on the service itself.

What I tried 

- Refreshed the data set

- Refreshed / Republished the report 

however I am still experiencing this issue in production

---

Update 

- I tried what  KrisB   suggested and it seems to be holding up for me. I am still experiencing issues with collapsing intermittently

kanga99
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

It is a pbix. In Power BI desktop it works fine.

aishah

I am experiencing the same issue.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi All, 

We've got feedback from our product team said it's a known issue(ICM 278524684) that Collapsible visuals such as matrix visuals, hierarchical slicers may experience issues of those specific visuals not rendering after a collapse/expand ( +/ -) operation is performed on that visual. Engineers from product team are working on the fix, and I'll sync with you once there is any update.

Best Regards,

amritad
Frequent Visitor

I have few matrix visuals with ragged hierarchy. There also we are facing the similar issue when we try to collapse/expand the view using +/- sign. It is an existing functionality and suddenly stop working after 13th Dec. 

TheCommander
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue. Is there any update on ICM 278524684? Any updates would be appreciated. Thank you.