Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matrix Visual bug in totals with BLANKs and Stepped layout

I have a measure which have to show blank values when Year field is filtered (or has one value), and show values in other case:

SUM if Year Not Filtered = IF(ISFILTERED(Years[Year]);BLANK();[Summ])

When I put this measure in matrix visual and [Year] in Columns, and some other field in Rows, Matrix shows all rows and no years (expected), but also shows total column for each row:

Снимок7.JPG

But when I swap fields ([Years] to rows and other field to columns), totals row is empty:

Снимок8.JPG

After some (long) investigation I found that this behavior is because "Stepped layout" is ON by default. Setting this option to OFF cause totals to appear.

I can see no reason for this behavior - it have to show totals in any case, as it supposed by DAX semantics.

It is very confusing behavior, because totally unclear and differs from other tools like Power Pivot.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @hohlick,

I have reported this issue internally: 47078648. Will update here once I get any information.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @hohlick,

PG have created a defect to track this issue. Please try the workaround currently. 

Since this has a workaround (turn off Stepped layout), and it happens only within an edge case, it's deprioritized for now.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu